2016 update 2 September AGM and open meeting
'The Wild World on your Doorstep'
We're delighted to tell you about our next AGM and Open Meeting, which will feature the work of Wild Roseland. Please note the date is Wednesday 2nd November, not the 3rd as mentioned in our last update.
Friends of Pendower Beach 2016 AGM and Open Meeting:
7.30pm, Wednesday 2nd November, Gerrans Memorial Hall.
We start with our brief AGM and then go straight into the Open Meeting.
1. DAVID HALL will introduce Wild Roseland and give us an overview of its objectives and initiatives.
2. NICK COPPIN will give a summary of the new "State of Nature Report" and tell us practical steps that we as individuals can take to make a difference to the decline in species.
3. ALAYNE BOWDITCH will talk about the importance of hedgerows as habitats. She'll also describe the surveys being done to assess the state of the Roseland's hedgerows.
4. DAVID HALL will round off the presentations by describing the importance of Gerrans Bay and the wildlife around Pendower Beach
At this point we'll have a short interval for drinks and nibbles.
5. We round off the evening with a question and answer session. Our speakers will be joined on the panel by other members of the Wild Roseland team.
The evening will be a great opportunity to find out more about the remarkable natural wonders of the place we live in, to get to meet all those who are making Wild Roseland happen and, who knows, even to get involved yourselves!
We look forward to welcoming you.